If you enjoy solving complex challenges in a collaborative environment that celebrates each person's ideas, experience, and creativity, this might be the opportunity for you. Flad is a national architectural firm, with ten offices across the country, specializing in science, healthcare, academic, and workplace spaces. Flad is a team of creative, intelligent, energetic people who help our clients tackle the issues that change people’s lives.
How Will Your Days Be Spent
- Responsible for leadership and coordination with project team members and consultants from project inception through completion. Work on simultaneous projects and act in different roles depending on project size and complexity.
- Assist the Project Manager in directing and managing the project team, mentoring staff, and representing the firm to the client. Serve as main point of client contact. Ensure the client's vision, goals, and objectives are understood by all team members and consultants.
- Deliver design-sensitive projects on schedule and within budget while making authoritative decisions and recommendations of significant impact related to the entire project. Actively participate in design and ensure design intent is met and maintained throughout the project.
- Responsible for the technical planning, quality, and execution of the project documents for the entire project.
- Lead internal project team, technical, and consultant meetings. Actively participate in client presentations and/or meetings. Assist in developing schedule for client meetings, consultant coordination and deliverables.
- Schedule and coordinate the Flad in-house QA/QC project phase reviews to ensure documents are in compliance with applicable codes and industry standards.
What You Bring to this Role
- Minimum of 15 years architectural experience, with at least 10 years of recent Project Architect experience on relevant, large-scale projects leading multi-disciplinary teams required.
- Experience with one of Flad's market segments preferred.
- Significant knowledge of tenant improvements/remodel or ground up core and shell construction preferred.
- Excellent presentation, written, verbal, and graphics communication skills essential.
- Revit proficiency required
- AutoCAD preferred
- Professional degree in architecture required
- Registration required
- Sustainability accreditation preferred
Flad offers a wide range of benefits including:
- hybrid work environment
- health, dental and vision insurance
- generous paid time off and paid holidays
- financial health and wellness benefits - retirement savings plan; fiduciary advisor; identity theft plan; Section 125 flexible benefits, including mass transit and parking; income protection – life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability; Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- continuing education and career development – internal programs; funds set aside for external programs, licensure and sustainability support, annual professional registration, and organization reimbursement
Annual base salary range is currently: $140,000 – $195,000. Actual starting salary will be within that range, and is dependent upon job-related education, knowledge, and experience.
Flad Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Flad will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Apply Here