Multistudio collaboratively expands the practice of design from cities to buildings to branding. We believe that diversity of thought, people and disciplines helps us spark change. Through our portfolio of projects, neither size nor type dictates their importance.
Their impact does.
Position Description and Responsibilities
The Phoenix office of Multistudio is seeking a full-time Business Development Lead to work as part of our collaborative design and architecture team. This is a great opportunity for an experienced business development professional with strong communication and strategic focus. This position works directly with the Studio Leadership and has a local and national marketing team as a resource.
In this position, you’ll have the opportunity to facilitate and contribute to discussions regarding strategy for business development initiatives through lead discovery, research, and proactive tracking. You’ll conduct market research to include industry trends, potential clients/partners, and monitor the competitive marketplace. This role calls for the development of strategy for potential clients and collaborators, as well as initiating introductions. You’ll be able to work directly with the Phoenix Marketing Lead and Studio Leadership teams to coordinate business development and marketing efforts such as proposals and interviews from start to finish. You’ll develop and maintain relationships with peer business development staff of partner, as well as with other community contacts. You’ll coordinate studio participation in industry and community events. In this role you’ll direct content creation for business development efforts, working closely with the Phoenix Marketing Lead and Graphic Designer. And, you’ll recommend and coordinate a variety of PR opportunities with the Communications Team, Studio Leadership, and Marketing Lead.
We are Seeking Candidates with:
• Comfort working in a highly collaborative environment where we strive to imagine and chart alternative paths
• The desire and skills to be proactive with a desire to engage in the local community and foster new relationships and networks
• The ability to guide and mentor other studio members in Business Development activities
• Strong time management, organizational, verbal, social and written communications skills, as well as a keen eye for detail
• Ability to engage traditional and creative methods of business development for a variety of design pursuits both public and private
• 10+ years professional work experience within the A/E/C industry
• Preferred Bachelor’s and/or Master’s Degree in the following fields: entrepreneurial, design and/or creative business, architecture, communications, marketing, art, journalism, or similar
• Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Acrobat) PowerPoint, and Open Asset
• Proficiency in management of leads through management tools such as AirTable and/or Deltek Vision
We seek people who value the responsibility of design, humbly engage many, pursue ideas with rigor, and seek meaningful outcomes both big and small. Currently, our 130+ employees collaborate across our Studio and office locations. Our practice's core values embrace equity, diversity and creative freedom.
This is a full-time position which includes generous benefits such as vacation time, sick time, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, as well as participation in a 401(k) and employee stock ownership plan. Multistudio supports a hybrid work environment; encouraging at least three days in office for regional hires. We also have opportunities for 100% remote work, as well as in-office positions. The compensation range for this position is $76,780-$103,930 for employees working full-time in our California office.
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and cover letter. We look forward to getting to know you!
Multistudio is the evolution of Gould Evans. Our new identity reflects how we think, embracing the multiple ways in which we design to uncover possibilities and engage with the world.
Multistudio collaboratively expands the practice of architecture, brand experience, city design, education design, and interiors to serve complex, and even contradictory needs of our clients and communities. The diversity of thought, people, and disciplines helps us explore place and spark possibilities of economic, social, and environmental change. And although we take on a variety of projects, neither size nor type dictates their importance.
Their impact does.