exp Federal is an established, collaborative, and growing full service architectural and engineering firm that provides a full range of design solutions and construction support to the federal government. Our team of professionals operate in some of the most challenging environments to provide support services to a variety of governmental agencies globally. We enjoy what we do and are good at it.
We are seeking a Project Architect to join our growing team in Chicago, IL. Ideal candidates are independent thinkers, self- motivated, communicate proactively, enjoy collaborating within and beyond project team, and thrive in a non-corporate environment and structure.
Principle Areas of Responsibility:
• Develops presentation documents utilizing design training and participates in design presentations to Clients.
• Develops design concepts through construction documents.
• Responsible for preparation of contract drawings.
• Coordinates with project team of architects and engineers.
• Meets independently with vendors to review specific products to be incorporated into the documents.
• Performs code reviews and meets independently with local code officials to review and determine specific local code requirements and project compliance.
• Reviews contractor requests during bid phase and develops and coordinates the distribution of addenda to the Contractors.
• Conducts field visits during construction phase to monitor and review the progress of the construction and completes field reports.
Bachelor or Master Degree in architecture required.
Must have a United States Architecture License.
Detailed knowledge of architectural/engineering practice with emphasis on design, design development, preparation of construction documents, preparation of specifications, building materials, construction costs, and building codes.
Must be proficient with AutoCAD & Revit
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Architectural Design firm.
What We Offer:
Fun, collaborative, and hands-on environment
Paid leave and holidays
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance coverage
Contributory 401(k) Retirement plan with matching funds
Opportunity for advancement within the firm
What We Offer:
? Exponential full-time professional growth and development
? Fast paced and professional work culture
? ?Health insurance including medical, dental, and vision
Health Savings Account and Flexible Savings Account options
Company HSA funding contributions
? Company-sponsored Long-Term Disability, Short-Term Disability, and Life Insurance
? 401(k) employer match up to 4%
? ?Wellness reimbursement on fitness memberships and other qualified programs
? Learning & Development tuition reimbursement
?? Flexible work schedules
?? Generous PTO policy
Exp Federal is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
exp Federal is a wholly owned subsidiary company of exp U.S. Services, Inc. with the sole mission of providing U.S. Federal clients best-in-class services in the architecture, engineering, operations and maintenance, and mission critical support services domain. We have a solid 50-year history supporting U.S. Federal missions both across the country and around the globe including OCONUS war zone environs.