Competitive wage and generous benefits. Salary range heavily influenced by licensure, experience, and other credentials such as: LEED AP, WELL AP, PMP, etc. ($40,000 - $65,000)
Internal Number: 22 - 01
About the job
WYK Associates, Inc. (WYK) is a team of passionate architecture and planning professionals that provide individual solutions to building challenges and aids in planning and executing the most complex architectural endeavors on a wide variety of project types. WYK Associates, Inc. was established in 1973, with an architectural heritage dating back to 1900 in Clarksburg, West Virginia.
We are currently seeking an Architectural Project Manager to join our team. An Architectural Project Manager, in collaboration with the Principal Architect and other WYK team members, is accountable for project performance and team communication. Responsible for the development of conceptual design of all phases of multiple projects. The ideal candidate will have unique design solutions, experience managing projects, reviewing submittals, and writing specifications. An interest in gaining experience with 3D printing, Virtual Reality for project development / client presentation, and development of 3D renderings and videos for projects is preferable.
· Originates and develops creative design concepts and SD, DD, CD, Bidding, and CA from project start to finish.
· Supports the resolution of design solutions during the construction documents and construction administration phases. May assist with the completion of construction documents.
· Manages and oversees design team to see clients’ needs are being met.
· Manages and oversees design team for proper documentation of all phases for quality assurance, quality control and best practice standards.
· Sets up project team software parameters and manages standards.
· Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
· Regularly communicates with client representatives to verify design requirements and specifications, progress and budget reviews, and design delivery.
· Prepare client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
· Supports the marketing and business development activities of the office when needed.
· Provides technical support and project communications to team as required.
· Attends on-site visits and client meetings to verify performed work meets the drawing and specification requirements.
· Participates in team meetings to review the design intent is consistently in adherence.
· Performs as Team Leader on assigned projects.
· Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets, and adherence to schedule.
· Responsible for tracking electronic project data and files.
· Facilitates team internal and external project communications and time management.
· Proficient in Autodesk Revit.
· Experienced in Autodesk AutoCad, Google Sketchup, Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), and Autodesk BIM360.
· A working knowledge of Computer Systems (Windows 10/11, Mac OS, iPad OS.) within an office setting and for presentations to clients.
· Ability to work in team environment and supervise others.
· Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
· Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
· Self-motivated and willing to learn.
WYK Associates, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. WYK Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable Federal, State or Local law.
· NAAB Accredited Bachelor of Architecture Degree or higher
· Licensed in West Virginia with an NCARB Certificate OR currently pursuing licensure within West Virginia
Established in 1973, with roots dating back to the early 1900s, WYK Associates recognizes that history inspires the future, and that exceptional architectural design has the power to improve lives and enhance communities.
WYK employs design techniques to build and transform, while honoring the rich architectural history of our mountainous region. Committed to the restoration of beauty in historic centers and Appalachian towns, their proven architectural management has drastically improved the quality of life for entire communities. Preserving the past isn’t a once-in-a-lifetime mission for the company. Embracing its more than 130-year history, they are as dedicated as ever to sustainable design, efficient rehabilitation, and the creation of place.