Texas Biomed is searching for a Facilities Space Management Planner to join our Facilities team. This role will coordinate and assist key stakeholders to optimize space needs, administer the Facilities Management & Workspace Solution Software system, and provide technical support for new facility project proposals.
· Partners with institution leaders to help achieve their strategic goals related to safe and effective work environments for employees, visitors and customers
· Creates new floor plans or modifies existing floorplans for new facilities project proposal development
· Create, modify and maintain AutoCAD drawings to provide accurate floor plans and occupancy information
· Coordinates all Space Committee meetings and activities
· Coordinates strategic planning for moves, adds, and/or changes; executes all space moves in accordance with long term master plans
Our Ideal Candidate:
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university
Minimum of 3 years job specific experience; desired experience as a Program/Project Manager
Excellent problem solving skills to prioritize projects
Offer professional input concerning design, construction, development, or installation and be familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures
Strong knowledge of space management standards including Building Owners and Managers Association standard and the International Facilities Management Association
Recent experience with AutoCAD (or similar) in managing space
Who We Are:
Texas Biomedical Research Institute is one of the world's leading independent biomedical research institutions dedicated to advancing global human health through innovative biomedical research. Texas Biomed aims to unravel the mysteries of infectious diseases through innovative thinking, creative problem solving and cutting edge technologies.
What we can offer you: · Competitive pay · Defined contribution 403(b) plan plus an optional tax-deferred annuity · Full insurance benefits · Holidays, PTO and a paid week off in the last week of December
**All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and able to provide vaccination record.
Creating the TIDES of Change in Bioscience Teamwork | Integrity | Diversity | Excellence | Safety
Health Starts with Science
Texas Biomedical Research Institute is pioneering and sharing scientific research to protect you, your families, and our global community from the threat of infectious diseases. Our scientific discoveries create breakthroughs in medical research to provide better overall global health.