The award-winning team at GGLO, a collaborative design firm, seeks an Architectural Principal in our growing Boise office to support our expansion in multiple locations, disciplines, markets, and project types.
GGLO is a design practice for architecture, urban design, landscape architecture, and interior design, founded in 1986. GGLO has built a strong reputation for transformative and contextually sensitive design. With offices in Boise, Seattle, and Los Angeles, we work as a single, collaborative studio focused on connecting people through beauty and innovation.
About the Role
Located in GGLO’s Boise office, the Architectural Principal is an active member of GGLO’s leadership team and is responsible for business development, project leadership, delivery, and profitability of GGLO’s Mountain West architectural projects. This position is both an internal and external champion, promoting firm efforts and leading internal teams through great design and delivery. This Principal moves our firm forward through leadership of our Boise office, including mentoring the development of each team member and managing our business, while designing and delivering inspired projects. A successful Principal will build strong and lasting client relationships through a high level of service elevating GGLO's reputation in the Mountain West. This position collaborates with other GGLO Principals in order to grow future opportunities for the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as Principal-in-Charge for multiple projects
· Represent our firm as a leader and contribute unique value to the firm’s current and future success
· Demonstrate leadership in carrying out GGLO’s purpose, core values, and strategic goals
· Exhibit design excellence through knowing, understanding, researching, and promoting quality design
· Demonstrate steadfast fiscal responsibility by considering the balance of risk and reward
· Manage the firm’s risk through strong contractual relationships, processes, and procedures
· Actively engage with others in our industry by maintaining an external presence in professional, civic and community groups, and strategic business development
· Create client loyalty through excellent design work, innovation, and passion for quality
· Display continuous improvement through proactive decision-making and problem solving
· Inspire and lead others through collaboration, cooperation, humility, and mutual respect
· Actively mentor, coach, teach, present, and direct others through trust, shared learning, delegation, and modeling expectations
· Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and engage in respectful interactions
· Commitment to sustainable design (certification is strongly preferred)
· Architecture license
· 15 Years of Architectural industry experience, with the last 5 years in a leadership role
· Command of technical and business concepts
· Demonstrated experience developing relationships with municipalities and guiding design staff
· Consistent track record of leading and delivering profitable projects
· Current authorization to work in the United States
We offer a stimulating and exciting team-oriented design environment where our employees are challenged to bring their best creative spirit to their work. Our workplace is respectful and diverse, with teams that thrive on engagement, learning and innovation. We take great pride in working together to deliver the highest-quality design solutions for our clients, and leading innovative design into the future. Additionally, we offer paid licensure and industry memberships, professional development, mentorship programs, as well as a collaborative and supportive environment. Along with competitive salaries, we offer a generous benefit package including fully paid Medical, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401K with employer match program, time off, transit subsidy, bicycle parking, pet friendly atmosphere, annual Profit-Sharing contributions, as well as an annual discretionary bonus opportunity for all employees.
GGLO, LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and maintaining an inclusive culture.
Internal Number: 558486
GGLO is an integrated design firm that provides architecture, urban design, planning, research, interior design, and landscape architecture to clients around the world. We believe it’s both the opportunity and responsibility of design to inspire the best aspects of community: to improve lives, spark opportunity, foster relationships, and create unforgettable personal moments.
Our staff has an abundance of experience creating sustainable design for mixed-use, market rate, and senior housing, hospitality, campus environments, tall buildings, affordable housing, parks + open spaces.
Founded in Seattle in 1986 | Offices in Seattle, WA, Los Angeles, CA, and Boise, ID