Do you have a passion for sustainable and resilient design? Would you enjoy working with a small, growing architectural firm? Tired of working through levels of management for decisions?
HD Squared Architects, LLC is an MBE/DBE/SBE certified Architecture, Interiors, and Consulting firm with offices in Cheverly and Annapolis, MD. We build projects with a purpose and we are passionate about the environment. Though most of our projects are residential, we have a growing number of commercial, hospitality, mixed-use, and multi-family projects as our time and capacity allow.
We are seeking a production-oriented team member with a minimum of five (5) years' experience. This position will work under the supervision of the Principal Architect on all aspects of project delivery. This role provides expansive exposure to the multifaceted field of architecture as well as key skills in coordinating with engineering disciplines. This job is in our Annapolis office in the vibrant Downtown Annapolis district, just doors from the State House.
· Prepare architecture design based on client’s needs and wants with a sustainable focus
· Participate in all phases of the project from design through construction administration
· Gather design requirements for new construction, alterations, renovation, or repairs
· Site analysis, visits, and project research as needed
· Capability to be client-facing through meetings, communication, and presentations
· Ability to manage to work on 3-5 concurrent projects at variable stages of design
· Capacity to present updated project status on weekly basis with team
· Transfer rough schematic and design development sketches into a presentation format for clients
· Prepare and incorporate code research for the project
Qualifications / Skills Required:
· Bachelors and/or Master of Architecture. Building Science emphasis, a plus.
· Proficient in ArchiCAD and /or Revit
· Minimum of 6 years of architectural experience.
· Understanding of building codes and construction documentation
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe products, BQE Core, or similar project management software.
· Strong interpersonal, collaborate, and communication skills.
· LEED Accreditation is preferred.
· Experience in small commercial/tenant build-out and historic preservation
· Someone interested in heading towards licensure
Additional Salary Information: Benefits
· Competitive salary based on experience
· Medical, Dental, Vision insurance with company contribution
· Company 401K plan after 1 year of service
· Employer contribution towards licensing
· Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
About HD2 Architects
HD Squared Architects, LLC is an award-winning Architecture, Interiors, and Consulting firm based in Downtown Annapolis, Maryland. Founded in 2004 in Cheverly, Maryland by Melanie Hartwig-Davis, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
Expanded to Anne Arundel County in 2015. NCARB Certified and currently licensed in the State of Maryland and District of Columbia. Melanie Hartwig-Davis is a LEED Accredited Professional. Sustainable Design Practices are interwoven into all aspects of our practice to increase the Resiliency of our communities. Certified Woman-Owned Business, MBE/DBE/SBE. Founded as a result of countless neighbors, friends, and organizations approaching Melanie to help improve their homes and buildings. Melanie recognized a void in the availability of architectural services needed to address the unending demand for our existing built environment to adapt according to evolving needs, a change in occupants or advancing technology. The portfolio includes Custom Residential, Critical Area / Waterfront, Additions, Remodeling, Kitchens & Baths, Religious, Historic Preservation, Adaptive Reuse, Commercial, Hospitality, Restaurants, Retail, Tenant Build-outs, Space Planning, Interiors, Site Design..., Master Planning
We offer personalized, friendly and professional design services that will enhance your living or work environment. We work collaboratively with our Clients, Contractors and Consultants to match our clients’ vision with their budget.