Jensen Group is currently seeking an Architectural Designer to join the team. Ideal candidates should have a strong passion for design and the ability to accomplish both big picture and detailed tasks under the general guidance of a project manager. Candidates must have experience working on both small and large scale multi-family, commercial, and mixed-use projects, and must be able to work in a highly collaborative environment from planning/conceptual design through project completion. Ideal candidates must be able to produce/coordinate design drawings and construction documents for small to mid size projects. On larger projects, candidates must be able to work cohesively with the development team and consultants. Most importantly, candidates must be excited about working in the comprehensive, quick-paced world of development where every day is a new challenge and a new opportunity to grow as a design professional! If you’re looking to expand your experience beyond the traditional architectural career track and have a passion for development, apply to join the Jensen Group team today!
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proficiency in Revit required.
- Experience with Sketchup, AutoCAD, Adobe Design Suite, and Lumion preferred.
- Self-motivated; ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Strong problem solving skills, independent thinking, and accountability are key.
- Passion for improving processes/relationships and finding creative and efficient methods of delivering on design goals.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks for multiple projects, collaborate with the development team, and work effectively under project deadlines.
- 3-5 years experience in multi-family, commercial, and mixed-use projects
- Graduate of NAAB accredited 4 or 5 year architecture school
- Licensed architect in the state of Iowa or actively pursuing licensure
Additional Salary Information: Salary and benefit details will be outlined and discussed with qualified candidates.
Internal Number: JG-AD
About Jensen Group
Jensen Group is a Design-Build-Development firm specializing in multifamily, commercial, and mixed-use development. Our team takes pride in creating vibrant developments that foster a sense of place by building on existing traditions and enhancing the future well being of communities.