Full-time position with five to eight+ years professional experience. Perform technical, production, and design coordination and oversight as an integral part of a design team or at times in a more independent capacity. Collaborates with principals, manages a team and works on multiple projects. Responsible for planning/design/coordination consultation on small/large projects; Requires a bachelor's degree in architecture. Applicant must have the capacity to learn and thrive in a fast paced design environment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Bachelor's degree in Architecture required, Master's degree a plus.
• Professional architecture experience required. Previously worked at a professional architecture firm.
• Understanding of materials and methods and building construction.
• Extensive professional Revit Architecture experience REQUIRED. (develop families, design options, sheet setup, non-typical forms modelling, etc.) Must be demonstrated in portfolio.
• Professional AutoCAD, Rhino 3D, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office experience required.
• 3D modeling/rendering, 3DS Max, V-Ray, Microstation, Grasshopper experience a plus.
• Construction document and Job Captain experience required.
• Architect license a plus.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
• Defines program requirements and establishes design parameters based on client requirements and working with senior architect/senior urban designer and project manager.
• Creates and develops overall design concepts, schematic, design development and construction documents through detail level; formulates/leads design presentation strategies and makes presentations.
• Collaborates with design team members during the implementation of design to ensure clarity and quality of concept is maintained through detail level.
• Collaboration with other design/construction disciplines, interacting with client technical staff and client meetings.
Submit a cover letter, resume and sample portfolio combined in one (1) PDF file. The PDF file name shall include "position - name" only. Indicate salary requirements and eligibility to work in the USA in your cover letter. Attention cover letter to "HR Manager". Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line of your email shall include "position - name" only. Only candidates that meet our criteria may be contacted. No phone calls please. Visit www.kgpds.com for more information on our firm.
We apologize in advance if we do not respond to your application. We will contact you if we would like to set up an interview or have further questions regarding your application.
Additional Salary Information: Salary is commensurate with experience.
Internal Number: 21.02010-01
About KGP design studio
KGP design studio is a small, progressive design oriented 13 person firm with offices in Washington, DC, Honolulu, HI and Manila, Philippines. Our projects are diverse, ranging from mixed-use, institutional and transit projects to urban master plans - often exciting and out of the ordinary. Enthusiasm and adaptability are prerequisites in order to respond to the range of projects and challenges with innovative solutions. Services provided in architecture, transportation, urban design, planning and industrial design. Benefits include paid holidays, annual leave, maternity/paternity leave, health insurance, SEP retirement plan, professional registration, training and professional development, and annual bonuses. Applicants should have well-rounded skills as well as strong interest in design.