Our firm is currently seeking a Contract Specialist to join our growing team. This role will be responsible for preparing professional service agreements through collaboration with architectural and managerial staff. The Contract Specialist will identify and mitigate risks to maximize opportunities during the proposal and contract negotiation process, from initial project award through project closeout/ construction completion.
The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the Architecture/ Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) industry, contracts, and professional service agreements. The Contract Specialist will support all of the firm’s office locations and remote work status may be considered.
· Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Review potential client requests for proposal (RFP) through the lens of contract compliance and potential areas of risk.
· Generate initial drafts of owner/architect agreements based on the project team provided information.
· Facilitate RFP and/or contract review, when necessary, by insurance advisors and legal counsel.
· Participate in communications with owner/owner’s legal counsel and other stakeholders related to contract finalization and execution.
· Ensure compliance with all insurance requirements when contracts are executed – e.g. certificates, additional insureds, etc.
· Schedule and coordinate internal project team meetings to ensure understanding of contract requirements.
· Preparation and follow through on execution of any contract amendments required throughout the project.
· Draft and prepare final consultant agreements and work with architectural and consultant team on execution.
· Ensure all consultants are compliant with contract terms, including insurance certificates and other contractual requirements.
· Prepare, when applicable, owner/contractor, or owner/construction manager contracts with support of architectural team.
· Support the architectural and construction services team in preparing and/or reviewing change orders and processing applications for payment.
· Ensure all supporting documents (e.g. lien waivers) are received and filed with every application for payment.
· Prepare monthly updates based on applications for payment and schedule of values to determine the cost of the work for the project, including detail for consultant disciplines.
· Work with general contractors and construction managers to collect relevant project cost data on a monthly basis.
· Work with the architectural team on formal closeout documentation – e.g. compliance statements, certificates of substantial completion, etc.