FCA, an award-winning architecture firm with offices in Philadelphia, New York and Florida, has supported its clients since 1954 with innovative architecture, planning, and interior design services. The practice is recognized for being on the leading edge of new investigations in science & technology, healthcare, corporate research, higher education, corporate and advanced technology. FCA has a staff of over 100 architects, planners, and interior designers and is active in over 20 states.
Our Mission: ‘Challenge the Expected, Inspire Smart Design’
Our Principles: At the heart, it is about People, Place, Process and Planet
FCA is looking for a Medical Equipment Planner to be based in our New York office.
· Participate and lead user group meetings with clients to determine medical equipment needs.
· Survey and evaluates existing medical equipment to determine reuse and redeployment strategies.
· Perform plan reviews and support design teams to fully incorporate the equipment needs of the project.
· Provide technical design criteria to healthcare clients, design professionals and consultants.
· Responsible for managing project equipment budgets and schedules from concept through completion.
· Researches trends and emerging technology to maintain proficiency in these technologies.
· Procurement of medical equipment, managing delivery support and installation
· Exceptional verbal and written communication and organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
· Intermediate experience with Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook.
· Knowledge of the latest planning and design software including, Revit, Attainia, AutoCad and Bluebeam.
· Familiarity with or experience in the field of laboratory, medical equipment planning, material management, hospital buyer, healthcare planning, or biomedical engineering.
· Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with clients, design team, and consultants to meet deadlines.
· Strong customer service skills
· Willingness and desire to gain in-depth knowledge of medical equipment planning
· Ability and desire to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to travel up to 30-40%, as needed
· Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience.
· Healthcare or purchasing experience.
FCA is a full-service architectural and design firm. Employing a rigorously collaborative process between our clients and employees, we define, design and create resonant spaces uniquely suited to the needs of those who use them. Ultimately, we strive to enhance our clients’ lives.