The Engineer/Architect Construction Project Manager Associate assists with coordination of Facilities Development and company-wide efforts on design and construction projects, on time and within budget. The Project Manager, Associate functions with supervision and low visibility while interfacing with clinical and support divisions; assists in developing and managing the construction project plans, schedules and budgets for small projects non-complex and small space planning renovation projects; assists in managing documentation of all design and construction activities; assists in taking ownership of user, consultant and contractor relationships; assists in reviews design drawings and construction work on a regular basis to ensure they are consistent with company standards and seeks continual professional development.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at the company's discretion.
Required – Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Architecture
Preferred – If degreed in Engineer then preferred disciplines Electrical, Mechanical or Structural
Required – Relevant work experience and project management experience
Preferred – Project Management experience
Preferred- If degreed in Architect then Registered Architect in the State of Louisiana
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Must have computer skills and dexterity required for data entry and retrieval of information.
Proficiency with computer software: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD and Revit
Ability to work under stressful situations and manage multiple priorities and projects with frequent changes in priorities and project interruptions
Excellent interpersonal skills
Must be proficient with Windows-style applications, various software packages specific to role and keyboard.
Well-developed oral, written and telephone communication skills
Effectively build and maintain departmental resources and lead multiple project teams simultaneously from programming through construction and user move-in
Project Manager (Engineer/Architect) renovation and space projects.
Develops and tracks the construction project plans, schedules and budgets for small and medium projects.
Manages documentation of all design and construction activities, delegating as needed.
Takes ownership of the user, consultant and contractor relationships.
Seeks continual professional development.
Other related duties as required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time.
Remains knowledgeable on current federal, state and local laws, accreditation standards or regulatory agency requirements that apply to the assigned area of responsibility and ensures compliance with all such laws, regulations and standards.
This employer maintains and complies with its Compliance & Privacy Program and Standards of Conduct, including the immediate reporting of any known or suspected unethical or questionable behaviors or conduct; patient/employee safety, patient privacy, and/or other compliance-related concerns.
The employer is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Physical and Environmental Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Medium Work - Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. (Constantly: activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of the time) to move objects. Physical demand requirements are in excess of those for Sedentary Work. Even though the weight lifted may be only a negligible amount, a job should be rated Light Work: (1) when it requires walking or standing to a significant degree; or (2) when it requires sitting most of the time but entails pushing and/or pulling of arm or leg controls; and/or (3) when the job requires working at a production rate pace entailing the constant pushing and/or pulling of materials even though the weight of those materials is negligible. NOTE: The constant stress and strain of maintaining a production rate pace, especially in an industrial setting, can be and is physically demanding of a worker even though the amount of force exerted is negligible.
Normal routine involves no exposure to blood, body fluid or tissue and as part of their employment, incumbents are not called upon to perform or assist in emergency care or first aid.
The incumbent has no occupational risk for exposure to communicable diseases.
Because the incumbent works within a healthcare setting, there may be occupational risk for exposure to hazardous medications or hazardous waste within the environment through receipt, transport, storage, preparation, dispensing, administration, cleaning and/or disposal of contaminated waste. The risk level of exposure may increase depending on the essential job duties of the role.
Internal Number: 00077923
About Ochsner LSU Health
About Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport:
• Over 4,000 employees, approximately 500 physicians, and 571 residents and fellows serve more than 140,000 patients with more than 625,000 visits annually.
• The Academic Medical Center in Shreveport is a 452-bed hospital and the only Level 1 Trauma Center in North Louisiana, including a Stroke Center and Regional Burn Unit.
• Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport – St. Mary Medical Center began opening fully renovated areas in 2019. It includes all Women’s & Children’s inpatient services, a new Imaging Center, an ambulatory Surgery Center and multiple clinics.
• Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport – Monroe Medical Center is a 244-bed hospital with an Emergency Department, an easily accessible urgent care clinic and more.
• Ochsner Health, the largest private employer in Louisiana, brings nationally recognized healthcare expertise to our partnership.
• LSU continues to oversee the LSUHSC-Shreveport School of Medicine, School of Allied Health Professionals, School of Graduate Studies and Graduate Medical Education.
• Working together, we are focused on:
- Improving access to high-quality care for patients in North Louisiana and beyond.
... - Improving health outcomes with innovative digital medicine and telemedicine.
- Growing the medical school and training programs to ease the shortage of healthcare providers.
- Collaborating to expand research.
Jobs and Careers:
• Excellence, compassion and a lifetime of career opportunities can be found at Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport.
• Ochsner LSU Health Shreveport continues to invest in our people. In the first year of our partnership, we increased the minimum wage, added an annual multimillion-dollar merit increase program and significantly expanded our team.
• We are adding new facilities, making major upgrades and adding new equipment throughout our hospitals and clinics, in order to better serve our patients and create a positive work environment for our team.