Stewart is seeking a motivated, creative and design-focused candidate for the Project Civil Engineer position in our downtown Raleigh office. As a Project Civil Engineer, you will work in a highly collaborative design-based environment utilizing the skills of in-house experts and support staff from multiple disciplines. A qualified candidate will have the ability to work on a diverse range of project types including campus design, urban design, multi-family development, commercial/retail development, and large scale master-planning. Essential functions of this position include civil design, calculations, analysis, and documentation of site design (grading, drainage, utilities, stormwater management and erosion control), construction observation, and assisting with administrative tasks such as project planning, scheduling, and QA/QC. In this position, while working under the supervision of a Project Manager and Studio Leader, you will be afforded a great range of responsibilities and strong professional development opportunities within the studio. Stewart offers an exciting and diverse culture focused on both personal and professional development. We get excited about each individual on our team as we look to leverage their skill set, interests, and experience. If you are ready to soar to new heights and would like to join our amazing, creative and innovative team...we should talk!
• Responsible for the analysis and design of civil engineering components under direct supervision of the Project Manager. • Perform civil design calculations for grading, drainage, stormwater, utilities, and site design. • Write various reports and technical memorandum. • Prepare design drawings using AutoCAD Civil 3D and other civil engineering design and modeling software. • Conduct QA/QC of drawings and specifications. • Manage small projects and components of major projects. • Review work of Designers, Engineering Interns, and CAD Techs. • Perform Construction Observation and Administrative duties such as site visits, field reports, shop drawing review, and respond to contractor RFIs. • Assist in other duties as assigned by a Project Manager and/or Studio Leader.
Landscape Architecture, Urban Design, Planning and Civil Engineering at Stewart focuses on projects where thought leadership, design thinking, community planning and the technology of site engineering all come together to bring an interdisciplinary and collaborative approach to all our clients. Our clients are cities, counties, architects, universities and healthcare systems as well as commercial and residential developers throughout the southeastern United States. We focus on providing the highest level of service to our clients and bring a unique approach that is inclusive, open and thoughtful. Our designers and engineers work together to provide the highest level of creativity while assuring that our designs are implementable.
Stewart is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All employment decisions are based on business needs without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability or veteran status. If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact us at 919-380-8750. We participate in E-verify. Information from all employees' Form I-9 is used to confirm work authorization.
• Registered Professional Engineer required.
• Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering required.
• Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience required.
• Commitment to collaborative design process in project development. • Ability to visualize projects through both hand and digital graphic techniques. • Exercise sound judgment and possess skills to defend decisions and methodologies used to arrive at chosen solution or decision. • Thorough knowledge of civil engineering principles and methods related to site development activities. • Knowledge of federal, state, and local codes and permitting requirements. • Proficient skill and experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and other site design and modeling software. • Demonstrated writing, communication, and drawing skills. • Ability to manage tasks and maintain project schedules. • Driver's license preferred.
Stewart is a design, engineering and planning firm located in Raleigh, Durham and Charlotte, NC, serving clients throughout the southeastern US. With a unique collaborative cross-discipline approach that results in stronger and more creative design solutions, Stewart offers a full range of services to meet the needs of its clients, including Land Planning and Design, Structural Engineering, Global Sports & Events, Transportation, Bicycle & Pedestrian Planning & Design, Geomatics, and Construction Services.