CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle.
*Job Description :
At CDM Smith, we make the world a better place. We design facilities that provide clean drinking water for communities throughout the world. We design facilities that treat wastewater and improve the quality of water in our lakes, rivers and harbors. We help major cities plan and implement transit projects. As an Architect 3 at CDM Smith you will have the opportunity to grow your career as part of a collaborative multidisciplinary team of technical experts working on challenging projects in Environment, Industry, Transportation, and Water.
**This position is located in Phoenix, Arizona.
The Architect 3 will have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the planning and formulation of building design.
- Prepare and produce design presentation materials.
- Research applicable planning, zoning, and building codes and regulations.
- Coordinate building design development with architectural and engineering staff.
- Collect background information and documentation including “as-built” data and field survey work, as necessary.
- Prepare and produce construction contract documents,
- Participate in selection of construction materials, technologies and methodologies for detailing and specifications.
- Participate in client meetings as part of the technical review process.
- Participate in review of technical submittals for projects under construction.
Minimum Qualifications :
- Professional degree in Architecture from a program accredited by the National Architectural Accreditation Board (NAAB), minimum Bachelor of Architecture (5 year degree) or Master of Architecture.
- Four years related experience under the direct supervision of a registered Architect.
- Architectural Experience Program (AXP) open with the National Council of Architectural Registration Boards (NCARB)
- Proficiency with Revit and AutoCAD is required. Competency with modeling and rendering software programs and Sketchup is desired.
- Competency with construction materials, technologies and methodologies.
- Competency with basic business office software (Word, Excel, etc.)
- Competency with writing and interpersonal skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate—as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
Internal Number: 21340
About CDM Smith
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service engineering and construction firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. Our client base focuses on government and industry. The firm is distinguished by our leadership and flexibility in design-build and alternative delivery approaches for environmental and infrastructure projects.