A Senior Project Designer assists senior management in leading the design team and providing day to day project oversight. Provides guidance and mentoring to junior staff. Possesses a strong and comprehensive knowledge of the design process, including FF&E materials, space planning, schematic design, design development, and construction documents. Leads client presentations and meetings with, and sometimes without, senior management. Participates in industry events, forums and conferences as required. Provides structured and effective leadership to maintain a positive team environment while serving as a primary point of interface with clients. A successful Senior Project Designer loves the design process, and is able to collaborate with everyone from clients, principals, architects, vendors and consultants to bring all details of a project to fruition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Specific responsibilities of the Senior Project Designer include, but are not limited to:
• Develop interior design concepts appropriate to a given project based on the Client’s design brief.
• Prepare presentation drawings and material/sample presentations.
• Present and communicate design concepts to Client and/or Brand.
• Assist with the preparation of schematic design, design development, and construction documents.
• Assist with the development of interior construction details as required to communicate design intent to the GC and related subs.
•Coordinate design efforts with sub-consultants such as Lighting Design or Graphics and Signage Design to ensure coordinated design documents.
• Communicate and coordinate efforts with the Project Architect to ensure coordinated design documents. • Communicate methods to improve the "project process" to the team leadership. • Immediately identify to team leadership potential design problems impacting project profitability. • Explore alternative design material and color scheme directions within the constraints of the Client's program and budget, as required.
• Participate in, and contribute to, Client requested VE exercises, as needed. • Develop and maintain a practical knowledge of building codes and industry standards. • Review schematic design, design development and construction documents for conformance with the interior design intent. • Participate in space programming reviews. • Review and confirm program information. • Research and select materials, colors, and furnishings.
• Prepare full and complete specifications for all FF&E and material finishes selected and specified. • Review pertinent shop drawings and material samples for conformance with design intent. • Review completed projects for design strengths and weaknesses with team leadership. • Promote office capabilities on current projects to increase scope of work. • Assist in preparing project descriptions and concept narratives. • Maintain knowledge of office standards, policies, and procedures. • Take advantage of continuing education and seminar opportunities. • Assist in developing design goals with Principal and/or Project Manager to include concepts, design details, material palettes and furnishings that are consistent with the design direction and support of the overall quality of the project. • Input program data into electronic formats. • Produce construction documents consistent with office standards. • Generate a design that can be technically implemented. • Prepare documentation of meetings. • Provide contract administration assistance. • Develop design solutions that meet the Client's goals, needs, budget, and schedule. • Meet task and project deadlines. • Execute design solutions within the budget design hours. • Involve team members at appropriate intervals during project execution. • Participate in marketing presentations. • Follow up and pass on leads to the appropriate individuals.
Bachelor/Masters Degree in Interior Design/Architecture from a CIDA-accredited or NAAB-accredited program
7-10 years of interior design / interior architecture experience with a minimum of 5 years in hospitality interiors
• Superior written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellence in managing client and brand relationships.
• Knowledge of interior building codes and standards.
• Strong proficiency in AutoCad and other visual communication software, such as SketchUp, InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator. Revit experience, a plus.
Established in 1987, Atlanta based PFVS, Inc. joined the AC Martin family of companies in 2017. PFVS adds their extensive hospitality design portfolio and experience (Architecture and Interior Design) to AC Martin’s 110-year history, one of the nation’s leading design firms. The expanding AC Martin family – Togawa Smith Martin, Martin Project Management, PFVS and AC Martin – will leverage each firm’s significant resources to enhance client services, relationships, design quality, and geographic region.