Responsible for managing projects in all phases. Assist in architectural problem solving. Assist Project Manager in preparing budget and schedules, and in monitoring adherence to work plan. Interact with consultants and agencies. Ability to work with a team on larger projects. Reports directly to Principal and Junior Partner.
Minimum Requirements: Education: Bachelor of Architecture degree from an accredited university. Experience: Minimum of seven (7) years experience and demonstrated technical proficiency in production and coordination of documents in all phases of architectural practice. Revit experience required.
CA architectural license - desirable.
Communication and Collaboration
• Listen and communicate effectively and professionally.
• Asks questions about assignments when unclear.
•Has working knowledge and understanding for use of office equipment and software.
• Coordinate projects with team members and consultants for conflicts and discrepancies.
• Assist in development of project marketing interview materials.
• May participate in project marketing interview.
• Ability to apprise supervisor for status of work.
• Display willingness to make decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in decision-making process; make timely decisions.
Supervision and Delegation
• Ability to professionally communicate both verbally and in writing to give assignments to office support staff, consultants, and vendors.
• Ability to delegate assignments to support staff and always be respectful.
• Support supervisor in directing and managing assigned staff.
• May supervise and manage one to two staff.
• Be proficient in the preparation of documentation and office practice systems.
• Ability to correspond effectively with consultants for CAD/Revit files and minor directives.
• Write meeting minutes, instruction bulletins, change orders, RFI responses, and professional correspondence for self-managed projects. Management
• Demonstrate motivation in seeking new responsibilities and challenges.
• Set goals, prioritize, and plan work activities for self-management and use time efficiently.
• Estimate hours for assigned tasks and finish tasks within agreed-upon budget hours for the task.
• Assist in preparation of work plans, schedules and budgets for small projects.
• Meet with their personnel to discuss the evaluations.
• Manage small projects, budgets, staffing and coordinate billing.
• Participate in office design charettes.
• Support design team and ensure that the design intent is followed through all phases.
• Proficient in the documentation of project design in CAD such as three-dimensional modeling, product, or material research.
• Interact with lead designer to solve project issues, and integrate design intent with project document development through all phases.
• Demonstrate CAD competency in advance commands of editing requirements, drawings set up for any type of project, management and use of all CAD files and resolution of any related CAD issues on office CAD platform.
• Possess knowledge of drawing setup, layers, plotting/publishing, dimensions, blocks, attributes, purge/audit/recover, and back up files and viewports.
• Understand technical terminology of the architectural and construction industry.
• Prepare complex plans, elevations, and details under guidance of supervisor.
• Understand requirements/deliverables of all phases.
• Organize and generate set of working drawings, and fulfill requirements/deliverables of SD, DD, and CD phases.
• Coordinate with government agencies, utility companies and obtain plan check approvals.
• Help select appropriate materials, systems and develop all construction details and systems.
• Assist in preparation of outline specs, and editing and coordination of master specs.
• Demonstrate thorough knowledge of the applicable building codes for independent code analysis and compliance.
• Coordinate and participate in cost estimating.
• Review submittals, shop drawings, respond to RFI's, and prepare instruction bulletins for changes.
• Have working knowledge and follows office procedures, standards, and protocols.
Please send your resume to: email@example.com
About Nardi Associates
Nardi Associates has the experience and is fully equipped to provide architectural team services on a variety of renovation projects including needs assessment studies, space re-programming, schematic design, design development, renderings, design construction documents, interior drawings, and construction administration on a variety of projects. Our firm combines a strong ability to find creative design solutions that are contextually responsive to existing buildings with the necessary technical and management skills.
Nardi Associates is known for innovative design solutions and versatility, strong project leadership and cost control, and personal client service. Project experience varies in scope from private residences and custom furniture to complex university facilities, multi-family housing, and urban master planning.