SOM, one of the most influential design firms in the world, is seeking innovative, creative, independent, and critical thinkers who aspire to the highest standards of excellence. Join our collaborative design practice as an Urban Designer for the opportunity to build a strong and thriving career.
Desired skills and expertise:
- Completion of a five-year or six-year architectural degree program and graduate of one-two year urban design/planning program
- Minimum of 3 years experience in urban design and planning
- Demonstrated general knowledge of urban design and planning, urban history and theory, planning and environmental law, and private and public development
- Contributes to general preparation of master planning and site planning documents and models
- Exhibits understanding of programming, zoning codes, building, open space and urban planning typologies as well as transportation planning
SOM offers opportunities to work on transformational projects, competitive salaries, health insurance, wellness, retirement and financial and other work/life plans.
At SOM, we welcome and encourage diversity in the workplace. We believe an inclusive environment benefits our employees, our firm, and our community, while also enriching and challenging our own thinking about design. We are proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Visit this page to learn more about SOM's employment policy and how to apply offline: www.som.com/employment_opportunities_and_policy
For more about SOM: www.som.com
Portfolios must be submitted for all design positions (Architecture, Interiors, Planning, etc). Applications without work samples will not be reviewed. Portfolios should be one PDF attachment, 10-20 pages, maximum 5 MB. Submit portfolios as part of your application in the section where the application asks you for your Resume or CV.
Please submit an online application via the SOM Career Center at www.som.com/about/careers.