Nacht & Lewis is a legacy design firm based in Sacramento, California specializing in Education, Healthcare, Justice and Public Safety market sectors. We are currently seeking a Designer to join our team.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Design Architect with 5-10 years of experience with Public and/or Institutional projects in low, mid and high rise construction applications.
- Ability to rapidly translate complex programs into functional space planning models, adjacency and stacking diagrams and refined conceptual space plans.
- Demonstrate excellent written and graphic communication skills that “stand alone” to convey design concepts and planning partis to clients, competitions, periodicals and advertisements.
- Demonstrate excellent graphic and oral communication skills required to describe complex design concepts and planning partis while participating in competitive design and qualifications presentations and interviews with other key team members.
- Successful candidate shall be able to present a substantial portfolio of work of design worthy projects either completed or under construction. Work shall demonstrate:
- Ability to translate complex 2D programs and planning concepts into thoughtfully designed 3D environments.
- Keen understanding of the relationships between form, space and order in the built environment.
- Knowledge of building codes to the extent that public health, safety and welfare are maintained and design concepts can be defended.
- Ability to lead project teams and provide input in the development of building programs, space planning, conceptual design, design development, presentations and production
- Ability to effectively utilize design software Revit, AutoCad, Illustrator, Photoshop, and SketchUp. (or comparable software platforms) in the development of design product.
- Ability to research solutions to artistic and technical issues.
- Demonstrate good understanding of composition, articulation, materials, light, and color.
- Solid working knowledge of materials, building systems, construction techniques and building codes.
- Bachelor degree in architecture, licensed architect preferred, on path for licensure acceptable.
To see all of our firm's past projects, go to http://nachtlewis.com/portfolios/
To find out more about our firm's leadership group, go to http://nachtlewis.com/people/
To take the first step in becoming the next addition to our team, forward cover letter and resume to: email@example.com, Fax: (916) 329-7474, Mail: Human Resources, 600 Q Street, Suite 100, Sacramento, CA 95811