A Interior Architects translates client goals, brand and culture into powerful environments built around people, processes, technologies and business drivers. Our clients in diverse markets worldwide require high-performance, visually compelling and sustainable environments to move their enterprise forward, support their culture, engage their staff, integrate technology and drive efficiencies. As architects, designers, workplace strategists and environmental specialists in the largest global architecture firm concentrating exclusively on interiors, we help clients articulate and align their business strategies and core values with the dynamic use of space.
Our team members are collaborative, creative, professional, expert and entrepreneurial. Joining our team requires skill, daring, leadership, teaming, humor and a love of interiors. We are presently searching for a Design Director in our Seattle office to join this team. As a Design Director you will be responsible for leading the design effort within the office and for ensuring consistency with firm-wide design standards. Specific responsibilities will include:
- ? Oversees design presentations.
- ? Introduces design concepts to current and prospective clients.
- ? Monitors project design development.
- ? Provides design direction and support.
- ? Attracts, manages and develops staff.
- ? Manages projects within established design budgets.
- ? Enhances public awareness of IA's design capabilities and accomplishments through interaction with PR consultants and design/business trade publications.
- ? Contributes to local and firm-wide business development goals.
- ? Provides design review of marketing materials, brochures, mailings and other visual materials with graphic design content.
- ? Maintains awareness of industry trends (such as related-technology and green design), educates staff and modifies practices.
- ? Participates in community design events and competitions.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- ? Graduate of an accredited architecture or design school.
- ? 10+ years progressive experience working on commercial interior design projects.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- ? Comprehensive knowledge of the commercial interior architecture and/or design industry.
- ? Expert interior architectural detailing skills.
- ? Comprehensive knowledge of working drawing techniques and procedures.
- ? Thorough knowledge of building systems, codes and ADA requirements.
- ? Extensive knowledge of contract administration.
- ? Sound knowledge of design principles, practices and aesthetics including furnishings and equipment.
- ? Expert sketching and rendering skills.
- ? Intermediate MS Office application skills.
- ? Strong Revit skills.
- ? Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- ? Highly developed presentation and graphic communication skills, including the ability to clearly communicate a design concept to designers, technical staff and clients.
- ? Demonstrated ability to manage and lead staff through a combination of direct authority and subject-matter expertise.
- ? Working knowledge of budget preparation and proven ability to manage projects within budgetary constraints.
IA Interior Architects is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veteran