At Jacobs, the Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
Our Architectural team in NYC is looking for a Project Architect to join the group. This person will be responsible for the coordination, development, and drafting of construction documents in support of overall project design.
• Performs work of a more complex scope under limited supervision using well-defined standards and procedures
• Has complete understanding of general job aspects and general understanding of the detailed aspects of the job
• Designs components or portions of systems, and modifies existing designs to develop or improve them
• Reviews drawings supplied by vendors, clients, and other discipline group designers that affect the specific project design area to which he or she has been assigned
• Coordination with multi-discipline A/E design teams
• May provide technical guidance and assistance to drafting personnel and less experienced designers
• Gathers information, makes studies, performs calculations, and prepares original rough layouts and sketches to present design proposal
• Coordinates design criteria with engineering, tooling, material, and planning group in accordance with contractual specifications
Our target candidate will have the following:
Bachelor of Architecture Degree is required
At least 7 years related design experience is required
Almost complete with exams in NY State or registered architect is required
Ability to work collaboratively and independently as appropriate in studio environment is required
Utilization of design and production software including SketchUp, AutoCAD and REVIT is required
Excellent verbal and written communications skills are required
Valid drivers' license is required
Internal Number: BIA000197
About Jacobs Engineering Group, Inc.
At Jacobs, our focus on building long-term client relationships has helped us become one of the largest and most diverse providers of technical, professional and construction services, including all aspects of architecture, engineering and construction, operations and maintenance, as well as scientific and specialty consulting. Our 77,000+ employees in 400+ locations around the world serve a broad range of companies and organizations, including industrial, commercial, and government clients across multiple markets and geographies.More than 95 percent of our work is repeat business. We get to know our customers’ businesses intimately, and partner with them to help them achieve their objectives. That commitment to our clients produces consistent cost advantages, profits and growth, allowing us to attract and retain the industry's top talent. Our strict dedication to safety and uncompromising ethics create a work environment that promotes employee progress and helps generate nearly $11 billion in annual revenue.We measure the value we bring to clients every day — wherever in the world they may be, in any industry or technical discipline. In fact in 2017 we produced $2.27 billion in cl...ient savings through our JacobsValue program, a major accomplishment.Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world. With $15 billion in fiscal 2017 revenue when combined with full-year CH2M revenues and a talent force of more than 77,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional and construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.Connect with us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.