The Business Development Architect reports to the VP of Sales and Marketing and is responsible for developing and nurturing sales relationships with key architectural firms. The relationships must translate to profitable growth in product lines that differentiate Wells as a provider of value added solutions (e.g., polish, windows, C-CAPP), and are predicated on the individual having a solid understanding of how architects approach a project, their design “hot buttons”, and educating them on Wells solutions. In addition, this role will be responsible for collaborating with Wells sales, engineering and operations to modify our product line as necessary to best respond to the design community.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifying and penetrating targeted architectural firms through various activities such as presentations, “mock up” reviews, tradeshow participation, project estimating and project coordination. Monitors upcoming projects that could be beneficial as an opportunity to educate the firm as to Wells’ solutions.
- Creating demand for Wells’ solutions against a backdrop of architects not having a good understanding or awareness of precast’s benefits and capabilities; overcoming inertia.
- Leading the two-way communications between Wells and targeted architectural firms by being the voice of the customer to internal constituents and showcasing Wells’ as a solutions provider to the firms.
- Partners closely with Wells departments (engineering, sales & marketing, R&D, QC, operations) to evaluate and, if appropriate, incorporate product features / modifications that architects identify as enhancements or entirely new directions.
- Coordinates the development of marketing collateral and marketing strategies with VP Sales and Marketing Director as they relate to partnering with targeted architectural firms.
- Maintain a steady relationship with owner, General Contractor, Architect, or Engineer as the project moves through the stages of completion.
- Be able to develop solutions and submit RFI’s to appropriate parties.
- As sales opportunities unfold, hand off to sales/estimating for pricing to client.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
- AIA certification required.
- Minimum of 5 years’ design experience with an architectural firm on large commercial projects.
- Experience in gathering competitive intelligence and developing/executing strategies to commercializing and monetizing the strategies.
Precast industry knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office other computer programs.
- Ability to persuade and influence others to effectively market and sell Wells products.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Knowledge on the process of precast buildings from start to finish to determine the right way to develop bids for proposals is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or the minimum education necessary to receive a state’s AIA certification is required.
Internal Number: 625
About Wells Concrete
Architectural precast concrete has revolutionized the construction industry by creating a dramatic range of functionality and creative expression.
Wells Concrete is a leader in the precast industry, bringing superior craftsmanship, innovation and reliable design-build solutions to every project carrying the Wells name.
Since 1957, Wells Concrete has been building and installing reliable, competitively superior concrete products that are leading-edge in quality, cost and customer satisfaction through the integration of experienced people, production technology and industry standards.
We have locations in Albany MN, Rosemount MN, Maple Grove MN, Wells MN, and Grand Forks ND. Our expert teams manufacture and install architectural and structural products for architects, building owners, developers and general contractors throughout the Upper Midwest.