Our ideal candidate is self-directed with strong communication and technical skills; adaptable, with willingness to learn and to share knowledge. The individual will be actively involved in projects that offer opportunities to participate in all facets of the design. Responsibilities include generating and shepherding design ideas from concept through construction and the coordination and production of high quality drawings in collaboration with Project Manager and Principal. The candidate will be team-oriented, approachable, and committed to achieving collective goals.
Required Skills and Knowledge
- Bachelors or Master’s of Architecture
- 5 – 10 years of experience in the architectural field (all project phases)
- Ability to articulate effectively and respectfully in a collaborative work environment
- Demonstrate experience producing design and construction documents
- Familiarity with sustainable design principles
- Fluency in AutoCAD
- Proficiency in 3D/BIM model software such as Sketch-Up, Rhino, Grasshopper, and Revit
- Strong graphic skills, proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- Thorough knowledge of IBC codes
- Pursuing AXP and on path for licensure
- LEED accreditations
- Commercial/TI, multi-family and residential project experience
We invite qualified candidates to email resume, portfolio (no larger than 5MB).
Additional Salary Information: We offer a competitive salary. A sample of our benefit package for full time employees includes:
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and holidays
- Retirement Plan with Employer Matching
- Flexible work schedule
- ORCA pass
- In-House training, conferences and continuing education
- Regular team building opportunities
About Strata Architects PLLC
Strata Architects is an energetic and fast paced firm in the Wallingford neighborhood of Seattle. We are a team of professionals committed to helping clients achieve their vision through innovative and customized designs. Strata Architects encourages professional and personal advancement. We believe in creating an atmosphere that fosters mutual respect, hard work, and creative problem solving. We celebrate teamwork, mentorship, fun, and growth in the office.