Education & Experience:
Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Architecture or Architectural Engineering, license not required
Experience: 4-7 years related architecture experience.
Skills/Competencies: Proficiency in ArchiCAD preferred although related BIM software is acceptable (i.e., Revit). Adobe suite and Microsoft Office. Lumion is a plus.
Local Candidates preferred.
General Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares architectural plans and renderings, including proposals, schematic design documents, and construction documents, with minimal guidance and supervision.
2. Recommends efficiencies in drafting procedures.
3. Assists others in programming, building cost analysis, specifications and materials, code research, construction administration and project management.
4. Performs elementary design computations, makes quantity takeoffs, and may inspect architectural features of structures in the field.
5. Occasionally represents the organization in meetings to resolve important questions, plan and coordinate work between disciplines.
6. Assist or participate in preparation of business proposals.
7. Encouraged to try to solve problems using judgment, and education, but is expected to ask for assistance.
8. Keeps Senior Architect and Project Manager informed of workload and any changes in project schedule or scope or additional services.
9. Maintains company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
10. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
· Self-Starter – Motivated to work each day to full ability. Realizes company needs and works to solve them.
· Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Designs work flows and procedures.
· Problem Solving – Takes initiative to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
· Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities.
· Quality Management - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Applies feedback to improve performance.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Keeps commitments.