Working with us, you will:
- Manage one or more small to medium-sized projects and/or manage a portion of a large-sized project.
- Serves as an office resource leading team efforts to ensure quality project documents.
- Support Architectural Discipline Lead in leading and implanting quality assurance reviews.
- Provide oversight across markets to initiate start-up of projects, guiding projects through development including setting up work plans, cartoon sets and schedules at the beginning of projects.
- Serve as building code expert to conduct code analysis and building reviews.
- Work closely with design architects, technical architects and owners in development of documentation as well as construction administration follow through.
- Perform architectural drawings, renderings and design assignments.
- Produce and coordinate complete sets of construction documents for permitting and bidding for small projects.
- Lead coordination of consultants of all disciplines.
- Prepare, develop, and edit specifications.
- Lead day-to-day construction administration activities.
- Assist in the development of continuing education initiatives including intern professional development, IDP, and “Lessons Learned” education sessions.
- Mentors junior staff and participates in annual performance reviews.
- Participates in employment interviews as technical expert.
- Establish and execute project work plan and staffing requirements.
- Develops trusted relationships with clients and staff.
An ideal candidate has:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 15 years of technical architecture experience.
- RA preferred. LEED AP preferred.
- Strong technical competence with proven growth in schematic design through construction.
- Familiarization with and experience using current design software (Revit, Sketch Up).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite, including Word, Excel and Project (preferred).
- Experience working with various construction types.
- Desire to assist teams in developing and documenting a shared vision and work plan for each project.
- Experience in leading other architects and project groups.
- Excellent communication skills, a team player attitude, and the ability to think intuitively.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of code implementation and jurisdiction review.
- Demonstrated understanding of construction practices and methodologies.
SmithGroupJJR offers competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package, including 401(k) and continuing educational reimbursement. We offer 3 weeks of paid time off within the first year of employment, with the option of purchasing additional time off, and pay for 8 federal holidays. We also offer an alternative work schedule that provides employees with an additional 15 days off per year (usually Fridays) to help with work/life balance.
Interested in joining us? Get started today by applying on our careers site!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
SmithGroupJJR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
","validThrough":"2017-11-11T05:00:00Z","title":"Senior Project Architect","datePosted":"2017-09-12T19:20:53Z"}