SUMMARY: The Project Architect 8 acts independently regarding architectural methods and complexities, requires the use of advanced techniques and modification/extension of theories, precepts and practices of the individuals’ field. The qualified candidate will plan and develop architectural projects concerning unique and/or controversial complexities which significantly impact major company programs.
· Responsible for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating assignments.
· Revise documents per comments provided by Architect 7.
· Perform architectural work with responsibility for independent action and decision.
· Involve exploration of subject area, definition of scope, selection of items for investigation, and development of novel concepts and methods.
· Independently solves problems encountered.
· Assist Project Manager to develop schedule and manpower budget.
· Provides team leadership through planning, schematic design, design development and construction documents.
· Provide Construction Administration and project closeout.
· Attend client meetings.
· Facilitate consultant coordination meetings.
· Select and determines procedures in architectural matters.
· Write reports and specifications.
· Review completed reports, plans, estimates, and calculations.
· Prepare and/or supervises preparation of architectural plans and renderings, consults manufacturers, evaluates and selects materials and inspects architectural features of structures in the field.
· Receive technical guidance on unusual or complex issues and supervisory approval on proposed project plans.
· The Project Architect will be responsible to lead a team of various people in all phases of project development.
A graduate of an accredited Master or Bachelor of Architecture degree program.
20+ years of experience in an architectural firm.
10 + years as a licensed architect.
LEED AP beneficial.
Revit, Microsoft Office, In-Design, Illustrator, PhotoShop and SketchUp experience preferred.
Technical experience in development and detailing of higher education facilities and Occupancy
Groups A, B, E and M.
Technical understanding of building systems Type I, Type II, and Type III construction.
Ability to travel internationally up to 10% beneficial.
Excellent organizational, time management and interpersonal skills are required.
Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
Additional Salary Information: Salary commensurate with experience.
YGH is a nationally recognized, award winning architecture, interior design, and planning firm located in downtown Portland, Oregon. We serve a wide variety of clients throughout the Pacific Northwest and around the world. We are looking to fill multiple positions of our team.
Our firm currently has over 30 employees and is growing quickly.
We have a team-based, collaborative and supportive environment with many avenues for advancement.