Join AIA Honored Firm! Looking for a Project Architect (7-10 YRS EXP.)
CCY Architects is a creative, nimble, 30-person firm based in the Aspen valley. In 2015 Outside Magazine listed CCY on their Best Places to Work list of the top 100 companies, which distinguishes employers that strike the ideal balance between work and play in the United States, as #2 in the culture category. AIA recently honored CCY with several awards for design excellence and in 2015 AIA Colorado recognized CCY as the Firm of the Year.
CCY’s project types include boutique hospitality, recreational/commercial mixed-use, legacy community buildings, and exceptionally sophisticated residential, both nationally and abroad.
Our Project Architects serve as the day to day client contact and/or primary visual designers on multiple simultaneous projects, from Contract Negotiations to Project Closeout. Effective project management skills are a must, as the Project Architect possesses the highest level of responsibility for technical accuracy and completeness of all documents and must be able to work with limited direction from Associates or Principles. Regular design contribution is expected.
- Direct interaction & coordination with Principal in Charge
- Client interaction
- Design Contribution
- Understanding of project management process and has the ability to direct/coordinate work efforts of junior staff
- Collaborates on project design, prepares presentations, and executes design documentation (drawings & specifications)
- Leads proactive coordination process with consultants
- Leads meetings and helps plan and achieve project milestones and goals.
- Seeks to improve quality of project design and documentation
- Delegating work down to Job Captains and junior staff
- Actively mentors junior staff
A Professional Degree in Architecture from an accredited College or University as well as 7-10 or more years of experience working in the profession are required. Professional license in Architecture is encouraged, or at a minimum candidates should be actively pursuing professional licensure. Candidates shall possess high level project leadership skills, demonstrate strong technical, creative and interpersonal skills, and have previously demonstrated the ability to manage small, significant architectural projects or significant portions of larger projects. Candidates must successfully generate and/or forward visual and functional design and possess effective communications skills: verbal, written and visual.
- 7-10 years of applied professional work experience
- Fluent in Revit is required
- Exceptionally strong design and graphic abilities
- Able to navigate building codes, zoning, and DRB requirements to accomplish project goals.
- Conversant in building science, technology, and constructability; able to translate these concepts into quality construction documents.
- Approaches work with creative curiosity with strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- NAAB-accredited degree in Architecture
How to Apply
You will join a group of dynamic professionals in one of the country’s most beautiful mountain communities, where there is a healthy balance of work hard/play hard ethos, and excellent outdoor opportunities. Aspen and the Roaring Fork Valley boast year-round community and family events, outdoor activities, and cultural experiences that compete with NYC, LA, and Europe. To help support and encourage employee growth and development, the firm provides a generous education and athletic allowance to each of our team members as part of an overall competitive compensations package.
For consideration, please submit cover letter, resume, and examples of work in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CCY Architects is a progressive and sustainably minded architecture firm located in the Aspen valley. A leading and award-winning architecture firm for over 30 years, CCY takes a modernist approach to create inspiring spaces for boutique hospitality and commercial projects, as well as exceptional residential work, both national and abroad.